- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups mushrooms sliced
- 3/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 14.5-oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup light Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup part-skim Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 slices turkey bacon cooked and crumbled
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Prepare bacon.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, salad dressing, and tomato paste.
- Add chicken; bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
NUTRITION per serving: 280 Calories; 9g Fat; 34g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 81mg Cholesterol; 485mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole grain rolls and butter. KOSHER: Skip the cheese or use soy cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomatoes, tomato paste, salad dressing, and bacon are gluten-free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!