Summer Tuna and Pasta Salad
- 20 ounces penne pasta uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 green onions chopped (white and green parts)
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 12-oz. can solid white tuna in water drained and flaked
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup low fat Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 dash freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup black olives chopped
- 5 cherry tomatoes halved
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add green onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add tuna and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in cooked pasta. Add the shredded cheese, a little at a time, until well incorporated.
- Remove from heat and allow the cheese to melt.
- Add black pepper, olives, and tomatoes. Serve.
NUTRITION per serving: 506 Calories; 8g Fat; 32g Protein; 74g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 21mg Cholesterol; 390mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 13 SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over a bed of baby spinach; add sliced tomatoes and cucumber on the side. VEGETARIAN: Substitute the tuna with artichoke hearts (fresh or frozen). Use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. KOSHER: Use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Worcestershire sauce and olives are gluten-free. Use gluten-free pasta.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!