Skillet Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing divided
- 2/3 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 2/3 pound white mushrooms sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 2 medium carrots thinly sliced
- 3 green onions sliced
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the salad dressing in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until browned on all sides; remove from skillet and set aside. To the same skillet, heat remaining dressing.
- Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to release their liquid, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, carrot and reserved chicken. Reduce skillet heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until juices from the chicken run clear when pierced with a fork.
- Remove chicken and vegetables to a heated platter. Raise skillet heat to high and cook the sauce until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with green onions.
NUTRITION per serving: 168 Calories; 5g Fat; 20g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 44mg Cholesterol; 130mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve stir-fried sliced zucchini, yellow squash and red onion on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add brown rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Italian salad dressing is gluten-free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!