- 6 4-oz. boneless pork chops about 1/2-inch thick
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil divided
- 4 slices bacon
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 8 green onions chopped
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and pepper pork chops to taste. Heat half of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add pork chops and brown on each side.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium-low and continue to cook until chops are done; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Cook bacon in the skillet then remove from skillet and crumble; set aside.
- Reserve 2 teaspoons of bacon drippings. Wipe out skillet with paper towels and add reserved bacon drippings; add baby spinach and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, moving spinach around so that all leaves are wilted.
- Remove skillet from heat. In a large saucepan add remaining olive oil, green onions, balsamic vinegar, orange juice, raisins, and sugar; stir till sugar is dissolved.
- Arrange pork chops on dinner plates, top with wilted spinach and drizzle with raisin dressing.
- Top with crumbled bacon and bleu cheese; serve.
NUTRITION per serving: 244 Calories; 8g Fat; 24g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 56mg Cholesterol; 220mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; ½ Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6 SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed new potatoes and steamed baby carrots. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of pork chops. Use soy bacon instead of pork bacon. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork chops. Use turkey bacon instead of pork bacon or skip the bacon and sauté spinach in olive oil. Omit bleu cheese topping. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure bacon and vinegar are gluten free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!