- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-oz. halibut fillets or other firm-fleshed white fish
- DO AHEAD TIP: Marinate fish overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- In a food processor combine all ingredients except fish; pulse until smooth.
- Place fish in a large zipper topped plastic bag and pour pesto mixture over the top.
- Seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Remove fish from marinade, discarding marinade and bag; grill fish for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and sliced tomatoes and cucumber.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!