- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- On a plate, combine first 3 ingredients (bread crumbs through Parmesan). On another plate, place beaten egg.
- If chicken breast halves are plump, place them between two sheets of plastic wrap and flatten them to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Slowly heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dip chicken first into the egg then dredge in the crumb mixture; add to the skillet and brown for 5 minutes per side or until done.
NUTRITION per serving: 337 Calories; 10g Fat; 44g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 145mg Cholesterol; 361mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 8 SERVING SUGGESTION: Angel Hair pasta tossed with pesto; add a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties. KOSHER: Skip the cheese and use all oil instead of oil and butter. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Italian seasoning is gluten-free. Use gluten-free bread crumbs or make your own from gluten-free bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!