- 2 tablespoons ghee or use olive oil, divided
- 1 pound scallops 16 to 20
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee (or olive oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add scallops, season with salt and pepper and cook for about 2 minutes per side (keep an eye on the scallops while they’re cooking because they can become rubbery very quickly if over-cooked).
- Remove from the skillet. To the same skillet, add remaining ghee (or olive oil), honey, lemon juice and tomato paste; reduce heat to medium and whisk mixture until well blended; serve sauce over scallops.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add a salad of baby spinach leaves, julienned carrot and red pepper, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!