Grilled Chili Pork Chops
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried ground ancho chili peppers seeded (or use regular chili powder)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 4-oz. boneless pork chops
- 10 cups baby spinach
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops for at least 3 hours (see recipe).
- In a small bowl, combine dried chilies, salt, pepper, cumin, lime juice, and garlic; spread mixture on both sides of pork chops; cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill or oven broiler.
- Grill/broil pork chops until the desired level of doneness is achieved.
- Serve on a bed of baby spinach.
NUTRITION per serving: 174 Calories; 6g Fat; 23g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 194mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Grilled eggplant and steamed green beans. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed red potatoes. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!