Garlic Lime Shrimp Skewers
- 5 limes
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate shrimp for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling (to prevent burning).
- Zest (finely grate the rind) three of the 5 limes into a large bowl.
- Next, juice the same 3 limes into the same bowl; add the garlic, oil, water, salt, pepper, and shrimp; toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat outdoor or indoor grill or oven broiler. If you are using metal skewers, give them a quick coat of olive oil to keep the shrimp from sticking.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and thread 4 or 5 onto each skewer. Grill/broil shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until they turn bright pink.
- Cut remaining limes into wedges. Serve shrimp skewers sprinkled with chopped parsley and garnished with lime wedges.
NUTRITION per serving: 255 Calories; 8g Fat; 35g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 259mg Cholesterol; 301mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 6 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add wild rice pilaf. KOSHER: Substitute boneless turkey cutlets and cut to the size of shrimp. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!