- 1 14.5-oz. can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 slices turkey bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except rice and toasted almonds.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Serve over cooked rice, sprinkled with toasted almonds.
NUTRITION per serving: 424 Calories; 12g Fat; 49g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 108mg Cholesterol; 700mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 10 SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed broccoli spears on the side. VEGETARIAN: Instead of chicken, use 30 ounces white beans, drained and rinsed or homemade. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. Skip the bacon or use soy bacon. KOSHER: Use olive oil instead of butter. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, bacon and soy sauce are gluten-free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!