- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined, 25 to 30
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 jar tomatillo salsa
- 3 tablespoons canned coconut milk the cream, and water are normally separated and you can scoop out the cream for a thicker sauce
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate shrimp overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients (lime juice through shrimp); blend thoroughly then cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until pink and opaque; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add salsa and coconut milk to the skillet; cook and stir for about 4 minutes.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve shrimp and sauce over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add a big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!