Thai Turkey Salad
- 1 head Romaine lettuce shredded
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and sliced
- 2 medium carrots coarsely grated
- 1 11-oz. can mandarin oranges drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 turkey breast cutlets cooked and chopped
- 6 tablespoons honey preferably local
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon seeded and minced jalapeno pepper optional
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook turkey.
- In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients (lettuce through turkey); toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk together next 7 ingredients (honey through garlic) until well blended; pour over salad and toss well.
- Sprinkle each portion with peanuts just before serving.
NUTRITION per serving: 286 Calories; 9g Fat; 24g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 45mg Cholesterol; 384mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 8 SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sesame breadsticks on the side. VEGETARIAN: Skip the turkey and add 15 ounces white beans (drained and rinsed or homemade). KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten-free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!