Pineapple Pork Chops
- 1/3 cup canned crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 4-oz. boneless pork chops
- In a small bowl, combine first 6 ingredients (pineapple through garlic); set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add pork chops and brown evenly for about 5 minutes per side.
- Pour half of the pineapple mixture over the chops and allow them to simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Turn the chops and spoon remaining sauce on top; simmer again for about 2 minutes.
NUTRITION per serving: 175 Calories; 6g Fat; 21g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 141mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points 4 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; mash with butter, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar, mustard, and soy sauce are gluten-free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!