- 2 cups merlot or another red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 beef steaks your choice (I like NY Strip or Rib Eye), 7-oz.
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steaks overnight or for at least 5 hours (see recipe).
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine all ingredients except steaks; seal the bag securely and shake to combine.
- Add steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours. Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Remove steaks from the bag, discarding marinade and bag.
- Grill steaks for 4 minutes per side (depending on thickness) or until your preferred level of doneness is achieved.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried OR grilled mushrooms, red onion, zucchini, and yellow bell peppers.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!