Crock Philippino Chicken
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 head garlic peeled and crushed (yes, one full head!)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place chicken pieces in a slow cooker, overlapping as necessary.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, stirring occasionally (if you are there to stir!).
NUTRITION per serving: 117 Calories; 3g Fat; 15g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 57mg Cholesterol; 861mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 3 SERVING SUGGESTION: Whole wheat couscous and stir-fried zucchini and yellow squash. VEGETARIAN: Sauté non-breaded faux chicken patties in a skillet. Combine soy sauce through honey; pour over patties and enjoy! KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and vinegar are gluten free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!