Butternut Lamb Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds lamb roast trimmed and cubed
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 medium onion peeled and chopped
- 1 butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large slow cooker; blend well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until lamb is fork-tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!