- 1 pound tuna steaks 1-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 10 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Generously coat tuna steaks with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over high heat.
- When the oil is nearly smoking, place steaks in the pan; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until blackened.
- Turn and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or to the desired level of doneness.
- Arrange spinach on dinner plates and top with tuna; sprinkle with lemon juice.
NUTRITION per serving: 204 Calories; 7g Fat; 29g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 44mg Cholesterol; 426mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Sliced English cucumber drizzled with a little olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkled with chopped parsley. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add wild rice pilaf. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Cajun seasoning is gluten-free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!