Black Pepper Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 small head cabbage shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a wok or large skillet coated with a little olive oil over medium-high heat; add 1 teaspoon of oil and the garlic; sauté for about 5 seconds.
- Add ground beef and stir-fry until evenly browned. Stir in cabbage and bell pepper; cook until veggies are tender-crisp and beef is fully cooked.
- Stir in soy sauce. In a cup, combine cornstarch and water; stir into wok or skillet; season with pepper; cook and stir until sauce has thickened.
NUTRITION per serving: 198 Calories; 3g Fat; 8g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 16mg Cholesterol; 336mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 2 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed red potatoes. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten-free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!