Waldorf Chicken Salad
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 dried apricot halves
- 4 cups boneless skinless chicken breast chopped, cooked
- 2 apples cored and cubed into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds sliced, toasted
- 1 head Romaine lettuce torn
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook chicken and toast almonds. Chill dressing for 30 minutes.
- Prepare dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients (honey through olive oil); add dried apricots.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, for flavors to blend then remove apricots from dressing and set aside (refrigerate if serving later).
- Add chicken to the chilled dressing and toss; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. When ready to serve, add chopped apples, celery, green onion and almonds to chicken mixture.
- Arrange lettuce on dinner plates and top with chicken salad; garnish with apricots.
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: When grating lemon peel, be careful to use only the colored part, as the white part is bitter-tasting.
|*LEANNE’S NOTE: When grating lemon peel, be careful to use only the colored part, as the white part is bitter-tasting. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve whole grain rolls and butter on the side; add a bowl of baby carrots to the table. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mustard is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 360 Calories; 12g Fat; 41g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber;91mg Cholesterol; 183mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fruit;2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9|
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!