Thai Skillet Supper
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 5 cups fresh vegetables whatever you have in your crisper (such as: broccoli, celery, green peppers, bamboo shoots, green peppers, cauliflower, fresh spinach, mushrooms, onions, bean sprouts, bell peppers)
- 1/2 cup low calorie Honey French salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- In large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat; drain and blot off any fat with paper towels.
- Add vegetables to the skillet; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- In a cup, combine cornstarch with broth and soy sauce; add to beef and vegetables along with the salad dressing; cook until thickened.
- Stir in ground ginger and season with cayenne pepper to taste.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles instead of ground beef. KOSHER: Use kosher ground beef. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salad dressing, broth, and soy sauce are gluten free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: Per serving: 252 Calories; 3g Fat; 9g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 22mg Cholesterol; 509mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!