Smoked Sausage and Beans
- 1 15-oz. can red kidney beans drained and rinsed, or use homemade
- 1 15-oz. can black beans drained and rinsed, or use homemade
- 1 15-oz. can great northern beans drained and rinsed, or use homemade
- 1 15-oz. can butter beans (or white beans if butter beans are unavailable) drained and rinsed, or use homemade
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage cooked, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big salad on the side; add some crusty bread with butter. VEGETARIAN: Omit the kielbasa and use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. KOSHER: Use turkey kielbasa and vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beans, kielbasa, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and Tabasco sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 485 Calories; 15g Fat; 25g Protein; 65g Carbohydrate; 19g Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol; 1378mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!