Mushroom Taco Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 1/4 cups salsa divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 heads green leaf lettuce shredded
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes halved
- 2 ounces reduced fat Monterey jack cheese shredded
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: In a large skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat; add onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until softened.
- Add zucchini, bell pepper and 1 cup of salsa; cook until vegetables are tender-crisp then transfer to a plate, season with salt and pepper and let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce and tomatoes with remaining salsa and olive oil; arrange mixture on dinner plates, top with mushroom mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: On the side, serve sliced English cucumber drizzled with lemon juice and olive oil and topped with chopped fresh dill. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole grain rolls and butter. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 185 Calories; 6g Fat; 11g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 5mg Cholesterol; 507mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 4 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!