- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup rum
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons local raw honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 shallots peeled and roughly chopped
- sea salt to taste
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined, 25 to 35
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate shrimp overnight or for at least 4 hours. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using, to prevent burning.
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: In a food processor, combine all ingredients except shrimp and skewers; pulse until mint and shallots are relatively fine.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl; pour mojito mixture over the top until shrimp are covered.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and thread 3 to 4 shrimp onto each skewer; grill for 2 to 4 minutes per side.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a salad of mixed baby greens and sliced strawberries, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!