Low Carb Cacciatore
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/3 cups pasta sauce without added sugar
- 5 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup onion chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine or use red grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- Place chicken breast halves in a slow cooker; top with remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Pour sauce over chicken when serving.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens and thinly sliced red onion, tossed with a little grated Parmesan cheese. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add Angel Hair pasta tossed with a little butter and grated Parmesan cheese. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pasta sauce and wine (or juice/vinegar) are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 307 Calories; 6g Fat; 42g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 531mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!