Local Honey Chicken
- 3 lemons sliced
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup local raw honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Line the bottom of a large slow cooker with lemon and onion slices. Place chicken on top and sprinkle with olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, honey and orange juice. Add to the slow cooker, careful not to ‘wash off’ the spices.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours until chicken pulls apart easily.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!