- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds firm white fish fresh or frozen
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill, OR oven broiler.
- In a small saucepan, combine first 7 ingredients (tomato sauce through sugar); cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine olive oil and lemon juice; brush on fish. Grill/broil fish 4 inches from heat source for 5 minutes then turn and baste with tomato mixture; continue to grill/broil until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Allow 10 minutes total cooking time per inch of thickness, measured at its thickest part.
- Thoroughly heat remaining tomato mixture and serve with fish.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed new potatoes tossed with a little butter and chopped parsley; add steamed asparagus and steamed baby carrots. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu instead of fish. Use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. KOSHER: Use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 111 Calories; 2g Fat; 21g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 190mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!