Go Greek Lamb
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 egg
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate lamb overnight or for at least 4 hours. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using, to prevent burning.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients (except skewers). Using your very clean hands blend thoroughly; cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- With your very clean hands, form lamb mixture into small oblong shapes, like small hot dogs (2 to 3 per person); thread each onto a skewer and grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending on thickness, or until desired level of doneness is achieved.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried OR grilled sliced zucchini, onion and yellow bell pepper. Add a salad of torn red leaf lettuce with sliced red onion, cucumber and tomato, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!