- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound flank steak trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups snow peas
- In a small bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients (beef broth through pepper) until well blended; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef cubes and sauté for 5 minutes or until browned; remove from skillet and set aside. Add broccoli to the skillet and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add water and snow peas; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 4 minutes. Return beef to the skillet along with the broth mixture.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring gently.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (In a food processor or blender, process cauliflower until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add braised kale on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher and use cultured soy instead of sour cream. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beef broth and curry powder are gluten free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 237 Calories; 8g Fat; 27g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 46mg Cholesterol; 175mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!