Cajun Salmon Sandwiches
- olive oil
- 2 3/4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Cajun seasoning plus 2 teaspoons
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 6-oz. salmon fillets
- 8 large leaves romaine lettuce
- 12 large slices tomato
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet (preferably cast iron) over high heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise with 1 to 2 teaspoons of Cajun spice; taste then add salt, pepper or more Cajun spice as necessary; set aside. Lightly oil both sides of salmon fillets and sprinkle with remaining Cajun spice (the more you add, the hotter it becomes, so be careful!).
- Place salmon in the hot skillet to blacken; cook for 2 to 3 minutes then turn and finish cooking (cooking time will vary based on the thickness of fish and the heat of the pan). Top each pair of lettuce leaves with some of the mayo sauce, the blackened salmon, 3 slices of tomato and some of the shredded cabbage; roll up and serve
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Sliced English cucumber and Faux-Tay-Toe Salad (1 head of cauliflower steamed, 1/2 onion chopped, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1/2 tablespoon pickle relish, 2 chopped hard-boiled eggs, 2 chopped green onions, salt and pepper to taste. Mix together like you would a regular potato salad.) SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve on lightly toasted French rolls; add a bowl of raw baby carrots to the table. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mayo and Cajun spice are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 288 Calories; 10g Fat; 37g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 92mg Cholesterol; 976mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!