- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 12 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 14.5-oz. can low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups canned artichoke hearts drained (reserve liquid)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt
- Melt the butter in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until golden and liquid has evaporated; remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add chicken broth and liquid from the artichoke hearts; bring mixture to a boil then add chicken. Reduce skillet heat, cover and gently simmer, turning chicken while it is poaching.
- When cooked through, remove chicken from skillet and keep warm. Raise skillet heat to medium-high and cook liquid until it is reduced by about half. Add artichoke hearts and sautéed mushrooms to the skillet; remove from heat and stir in yogurt.
- Pour sauce over warm chicken and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed red potatoes and steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. KOSHER: Use oil instead of butter and use cultured soy instead of yogurt. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned broth and artichoke hearts are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 343 Calories; 11g Fat; 48g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 535mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!