Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 pound brussels sprouts trimmed and shaved
- 1 head Tuscan kale ribs removed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado pitted and sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/3 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- Cook the quinoa according to packaging.
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the brussel sprouts. Cook, stirring occasionally, until brussel sprouts turn bright green and begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the kale, cover, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until wilted.
- Remove the lid and add the cooked quinoa, vinegar, sea salt, and pepper. Stir well until everything is combined. Remove from heat.
- Transfer warm brussel sprouts salad to a large salad bowl and toss in the sliced avocado, apple, and pecan. Garnish with vegan Parmesan, serve and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!