Thai Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium piece ginger peeled and grated, 3 inches
- 1 large stalk lemongrass trimmed, crushed and minced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste heaping
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 medium limes juiced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 8-oz. can bamboo shoots drained
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 14.5-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 1 package rice noodles
- 2 handfuls bean sprouts
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 3 green onions sliced thin
- In a large dutch oven or stock pot, heat coconut oil over medium high heat. Once oil is hot, add garlic, ginger, lemongrass, and curry paste. Stir and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add in broth, soy sauce, and lime juice. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low. Then stir in sesame oil, bamboo shoots, and mushrooms.
- Cook for 3 minutes and then add coconut milk. Allow to simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes, and then turn heat back up to medium and stir in noodles. Cook until noodles are al dente - about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Then serve with a garnish of bean sprouts, basil leaves, and green onion.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!