Sweet Potato Burritos
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 red onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 14.5-oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 4-oz. can green chilis
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 large avocado pitted and sliced
- salsa your favorite
- 4 large flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potato, onion, oil, and spices (salt through crushed red pepper flakes). Toss to mix well, and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until sweet potato is fork tender.
- While sweet potato roasts, prep the rest of the food! In a small pot, combine beans, corn, and chilis. Season lightly with salt if needed, and keep on stove until it’s thoroughly heated through.
- Once sweet potato is done. Assemble burritos!
- In a tortilla, layer the sweet potato, bean mixture, rice, avocado, and salsa. Tuck in both ends, roll, and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!