Spicy Red Coconut Curry
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium piece ginger peeled and grated, about 3 inches
- 1 large jalapeño pepper seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 large yellow onion halved and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 2 medium limes juiced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 8-oz. can bamboo shoots drained
- 1 14.5-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- sea salt
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 handful bean sprouts
- 1 handful cilantro chopped
- Prepare rice according to packaging.
- Heat coconut oil in a large wok or skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, ginger, jalapeno, curry paste, and onion. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes, then add in bell pepper, broccoli, and snap peas. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, then add in lime juice and broth and reduce heat to medium low. Stir in bamboo and coconut milk and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Just before serving, stir in basil leaves and allow to simmer for another 3 minutes. Then serve over jasmine rice garnished with bean sprouts and cilantro.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!