Spiced Jackfruit Tacos
- 1 14.5-oz. can Jackfruit drained
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper seeded and diced
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 handful cilantro chopped
- 8 taco-sized corn or flour tortillas
- 3 green onions chopped
- salsa your favorite
- plain dairy free yogurt
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients for jackfruit (jackfruit through oregano), stir well and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Before assembling, use a fork to shred finished jackfruit - should be consistency of pulled meat.
- The make tacos! Fill tortillas with jackfruit and top with cilantro, onions, some salsa and a dollop of plain dairy free yogurt!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!