Spiced Chickpea Stew
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small piece ginger peeled and grated
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 14.5-oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sumac
- 4 handfuls baby spinach
- In a large slow cooker, combine all ingredients EXCEPT spinach. Stir to combine, and then cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Just before serving, turn slow cooker on to “warm” setting and stir in the spinach. Once spinach completely wilts, serve!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!