Spiced Butternut Chili
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled, seeds removed, and cubed
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 1 can kidney beans drained
- 1 can navy beans drained
- 1 8-oz. can chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce chop peppers and reserve sauce
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 5 to 6 cups vegetable broth
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- In a large slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Start with 5 cups of broth, add another if mixture seems too thick. Stir everything well, and then cover and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Taste and adjust spices if necessary, then serve!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!