Quinoa Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes drained
- 2 large limes juiced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 14.5-oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 6 to 8 portobello mushrooms stems removed and gills scraped
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1 cup shredded vegan shredded cheese
- 1 large avocado pitted and sliced
- 1 handful cilantro chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, then set an oven-safe cooling rack inside the baking sheet. Grease lightly with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for filling (quinoa through black beans). Mix until combined.
- Lightly brush mushrooms with olive oil, then bake for about 10 minutes, until slightly tender.
- Remove from the oven, but do not turn off oven.
- Place a large mound of the filling into each of the mushrooms, then sprinkle each with some of the vegan cheese. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with avocado and cilantro on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!