Power Greens Salad with Roasted Squash
- 1 medium delicata squash halved, seeds removed, and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large shallot diced
- 4 large handfuls mixed power greens
- 1 large apple cored and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup candied pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 small piece ginger peeled and grated, about 1 to 2 inches
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients for squash (delicata through shallot). Once fully combined, transfer evenly to baking sheet. Place in oven and roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until squash is fork tender.
- In a large serve bowl, combine all components for the salad (greens, apple, pecans) and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for vinaigrette. Taste to adjust salt or flavor. For more tang, add more vinegar, for more sweet, add more honey.
- Once squash is done, allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Then add squash to salad bowl with greens, and dress everything in the vinaigrette, toss, and serve!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!