Potato Leek Soup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large leeks trimmed and chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 medium russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 14.5-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 small bunch chives chopped
- Heat coconut oil in a large stock pot over medium high heat. Once oil is hot, add garlic, leeks, and celery. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until leeks and celery are tender. Add next 4 ingredients (broth through salt and pepper). Boil and turn heat down to medium low.
- Allow to simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth (could take multiple batches). Return to pot and place over medium heat. Stir in coconut milk and add white pepper and coriander. Simmer for 10 minutes, tasting while it simmers and adjusting salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with chives on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!