Pesto Flatbread Pizza
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 4 large pieces naan or pita bread
- 2 cups vegan shredded cheese
- 1 large heirloom tomato sliced
- 1 small red onion halved and sliced
- 1/3 cup green olives pitted and sliced
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, or blender, combine all ingredients for pesto. Puree until smooth. If too thick, add more oil or lemon juice. If too thin, add more basil, pine nuts, or nutritional yeast. Taste and season with salt and pepper according to your preferences.
- Spread flatbreads with pesto, and layer toppings: cheese, tomato, onion, and green olives. Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and veggies are slightly tender.
- When ready to serve, add a small drizzle of balsamic glaze on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!