Mexican Loaded Sweet Potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 14.5-oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5-oz. can corn
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onions chopped
Pico de Gallo:
- 5 medium vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 small bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1 large lime juiced
- sea salt
- sea salt
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 small handful cilantro chopped
- 2 large avocados pitted and cubed
- Preheat oven to 450F. Pierce potatoes with a knife several times. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until soft throughout.
- While the potatoes are baking, prepare the stuffing.
- To make the Pico de Gallo: Combine all ingredients in a food processor, pulse until it reaches desired consistency. Taste to adjust salt as needed.
- To make the Guacamole: In a medium bowl, combine avocado, 2 to 3 scoops of Pico de Gallo (you can add a lot or a little - whatever you prefer), cilantro, lime juice, and season with salt to taste.
- In a medium sized pot over medium heat, add black beans and corn. Season with spices (cumin through salt and pepper). Once mixture is heated through, remove from heat.
- Remove potatoes from oven and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Slice potatoes in half, stopping about 3/4 through so you don’t cut all the way through. Gently mash the center of each potato with a fork.
- Then stuff the baked sweet potatoes with black bean mixture, pico de gallo, guacamole, and garnish with green onion.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!