- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot chopped fine
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup green lentils cooked
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and add shallot and garlic. Saute for about 2 minutes, or until slightly garlic is golden and shallot is translucent, then remove from heat.
- In a food processor, combine cooked garlic and shallot with all remaining ingredients (including last 2 tablespoons of oil). Blend until fully combined and dough-like. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. If it’s too wet, add more nutritional yeast or bread crumbs, if it’s too dry, add more oil and/or vinegar.
- Use a Tablespoon or cookie dough scoop (like this one), to scoop out rounded Tablespoon amounts of dough and carefully form into balls with your hands. If there is cracking, moisten your fingers with water to help bind them.
- Repeat until all meatballs are formed and arrange on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Lightly brush meatballs with oil, and place in oven to bake for 20 to 30 minutes (turning halfway through) or until firm and lightly browned.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!