Fennel Farro Avocado and Citrus Salad
- 1 cup farro
- 1 bulb fennel trimmed and sliced thin
- 1 large avocado pitted and sliced
- 2 medium oranges skin cut off and cut into rounds
- 1 large grapefruit skin cut off and cut into rounds
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare farro according to packaging. Once it’s done cooking, allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine next 6 ingredients (fennel through vinegar). Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate together while farro cooks and cools.
- Once farro is done, remove fennel mixture from refrigerator, and toss farro in along with pecans, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve cold.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!