- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 14.5-oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 small lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 tortillas flour or corn
- 1 small bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 large avocado pitted and sliced
- In a food processor, add parsley, garlic and shallot. Pulse until finely chopped. Then add chickpeas, nutritional yeast, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, coriander, turmeric, sea salt, and cayenne pepper. Pulse until it becomes a crumbly dough-like texture.
- Transfer falafel dough to mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a larger spoon (like a soup spoon) begin to make large rounded balls and place them on the parchment paper. Gently mold with hands as needed.
- Gently brush with olive oil, and then place in oven and roast for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Place a couple in a tortilla and top with avocado and cilantro and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!