Elevated Rice and Beans
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 14.5-oz. can pinto beans drained
- 1 14. 5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce chopped (reserve adobo sauce)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large avocado pitted and sliced
- 1 small bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 large radishes sliced
- Prepare rice according to packaging.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, combine beans, tomatoes (with their juice), the chipotle pepper with 2 tablespoons of adobo sauce, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep over heat until heated through (about 10 minutes), then remove and set aside.
- Once rice is done, serve with a helping of the bean mixture and then top with avocado, cilantro, and radishes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!