Elevated Rice and Beans
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 14.5-oz. can pinto beans drained
- 1 14. 5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce chopped (reserve adobo sauce)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large avocado pitted and sliced
- 1 small bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 large radishes sliced
- Prepare rice according to packaging.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, combine beans, tomatoes (with their juice), the chipotle pepper with 2 tablespoons of adobo sauce, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep over heat until heated through (about 10 minutes), then remove and set aside.
- Once rice is done, serve with a helping of the bean mixture and then top with avocado, cilantro, and radishes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Would love some serving suggestions for this meal! Seems like a great recipe but it is missing the usual recipe notes, nutrition and serving suggestions.