- 1 medium eggplant
- 1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 small handful parsley minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 box spaghetti prepared according to packaging, or any pasta
- 3 cups marinara sauce heated
- Slice eggplant into rounds slightly less about 1/2 inch thick, rinse with water and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine next 8 ingredients (flour through salt). Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut milk and cornstarch. Dip eggplant rounds into coconut milk mixture, and then dip into bread crumb mixture and make sure all sides are covered. Repeat with all eggplant rounds.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet, over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add eggplant to skillet. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Once done, place a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve with noodles and marinara sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!