Creamy Cashew Mac and Cheese
- 1 box macaroni noodles or penne or any other smaller noodle
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 medium carrot steamed
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon saffronola oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil a pot of water, and then completely cover the cashews in a bowl with the boiling water. Let soak 1 to 2 hours and then drain fully.
- Prepare noodles according to packing.
- While noodles cook, begin making sauce.
- Combine all other ingredients EXCEPT vegan cheese (soaked cashews through paprika) in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine sauce, noodles, and half of the vegan cheese. Toss to combine, then transfer to a baking dish. Top with remaining cheese, and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!