Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 medium celery root peeled and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14.5-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- In a large stock pot over high heat, combine first 9 ingredients (cauliflower through nutmeg). Cover with vegetable broth, only enough broth that veggies are fully covered. Stir to combine, and then bring to a boil.
- After it boils, reduce heat to medium and allow to keep softly boiling for another 15 minutes or until cauliflower and celery root are fork tender - then remove from heat.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a large blender (you may have to do this in batches). Puree until smooth and transfer back into stock pot.
- Over a medium low heat, stir in coconut milk, taste and adjust salt and pepper if necessary. Then serve!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!