Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- 1 14.5-oz. can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 4 green onions sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 large stalk celery minced
- 1/3 cup Vegan mayonnaise
- 2 large lemons juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce washed and dried
- 8 slices bread toasted
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for chickpea salad. Mash with a fork or potato masher. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Assemble sandwiches, layer romaine with a big scoop of the chickpea salad, and top with second piece of toast - enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!